Saturday, September 14, 2013

Safari time!!

Tanzania is one of those places where you can do very active things like climb Mt. Kili, but it can also be extremely INactive... which is where safari's come in. Purposely planned for that, but I didn't realize how lazy it would be, after my journey to and from Kili, the next leg was to explore the famous national parks of Tanzania. As my previous blog was rather lengthy and wordy, below is a brief synopsis of my itinerary, which pretty much consisted of game drives and eating.... and eating... and eating :-) Then there are a slew of pictures (again, this is the hard part of choosing "the best" pictures in times like this, really, which lion is more picture worthy? One had his head tilted towards you, the other one was closer, the other one had a unique mane..., etc etc. You get the picture!). So I tried my best!!!

Arusha National Park (stayed at the same hotel I did for before and after the climb, Planet Lodge)
Tarangire National Park (stayed at Sopa Lodge)
Lake Manyara National Park (stayed at Serena Lodge)
Serengeti National Park (stayed at Sopa Lodge)
Ngorongoro National Park (stayed at Sopa Lodge). 

Pictures are self-explanatory... may add a tid bit here and there! 













Above and below: Amazing site, leopard cub!! Very rare!!! (below is a pic through my binoculars, he he)




Above: Perfect example of how UN-afraid the animals were of us!!! 





4am wake up call to do hot air balloon ride over the Serengeti!









Lovely "English" breakfast... in the middle of the Serengeti after the hot air balloon ride. Feeling good!!! 




Cheetahs posing for us!!!!

Yes, we were VERY close to this lion!!!

Life is good :-) 

This monkey relaxing on my balcony. Good morning!





Masai Village visit








Ngorogoro Crater - we didn't see as many animals (or maybe we had already seen everything!), but the scenery was amazing!

Rocking chair, love it!

Hyena


Jackel


Mini migration :)

Lone wildebeast 



Above and below wildebeasts



Amazing, thousands of zebras!


Haha, well, didn't see a rhino, this is the closest I got. Lucky I saw the Big 5 in South Africa. I'm fine with big 4 though!!! 

Pretty sunset!

My adopted family for the week! Franz, Marianna, Andrea, and Sandra :-)

Masai sheep herder


No comments:

Post a Comment