Saturday, March 8, 2014

Detox Extravaganza - Raw food ONLY week

Here you have it!!! Again, this is more for FYI to myself I EVER decide to do this again, so it's overly detailed. I have to say, growing up with cooked foods, it was kind of odd to NOT have ANYTHING cooked. Manageable for a week because I knew I REALLY needed this, but I definitely miss something warm and comforting!!!

Soo.... what did I eat??




Not ready yet, but this is a chia seed pudding! 1/3 cup chia seeds and then 2 cups a nut milk (almond, quinoa). It's actually really good! With a touch of cinnamon, even better! This was one of my snack foods. The picture above is when I added the ingredients, after it soaks (1-2 days) then it really looks and tastes like pudding! 

Fresh from the farm, dates! Pretty much the only thing that grows in these HOT desert climates. Another snack for me!

My lunch for the week! Yup, ate this every day! Actually fairly yummy (with apple cider (organic) vinegar and a wee bit of olive oil) - cucumber, zucchini, beets, broccoli, carrot, green pepper, blueberries and added some pumpkin and sunflower seeds to it.  

Another snack food - green apples! And then cucumbers chopped with homemade almond, hazelnut, and walnut butter. Yum!

Doesn't look that delicious and it's an "acquired' taste, but room temperature purified water, a teaspoon of tumeric, and a 1/2 a teaspoon of 100% raw organic honey. 


Above and below.... RAW quinoa. Yes, raw. Because it's raw, it takes longer to soak, so I soaked it for almost 2 days and then it actually sprouted! I was reading about that and didn't believe it, but it did! It smelled more potent than the cooked one and ... didn't really taste like anything, but just needed some extra protein to keep me going through the looooooooooooooooooong working days!!



Here's my little diary/synopsis:

Day 1 - Okay, I need this!! Didn't feel too hungry but pverall felt a little down. F x 0
Exercise: Run on treadmill, super light and minimal strength, played tennis (easy).
Day 2 - REALLY tired, headache. Felt a bit down again. Had hunger bouts, but went away. Snacked a lot (green apple, banana, chia seeds, nuts, celery sticks with nut butter). F x 3.
Ex: FlyWheel (cycling) am, swimming pm.
Day 3 - Still felt fatigued and low on energy. Got slightly less headache, but still one that is persisting. Felt I drank a lot of water, but still dehydrated? Have felt hungry throughout the day. F x 1.
Exercise: Nothing!
Day 4: Slept well last night, feel good! Got comments from staff I look like I am glowing and my eyes look more "fresh." No headache, feel I can see my cheekbones (not as puffy), and feel super calm and relaxed. F x 1.
Exercise: Nothing! Opted for sleep and also was going to play tennis, but neighbor bailed.
Day 5  - Still feel good! Off today so relaxed. Overall feel "lighter." F x 2
Exercise: Swim. Was going to do bikram yoga, but missed the class :-(
Day 6 - Felt less bloated, good mood, relaxed. Went to social events and was able to handle it although other cooked food looked delish! Again ate salads and snacked on things like nuts. F x 2
Exercise: Sloow 10km - felt more difficult then it should be. Same for HBY. Walked 93873634 miles around the Marina. Was totally exhausted! 
Day 7 - "Glowing" skin by colleague. Feel less appetite and ... Good! Happy! Still energy! F x2
Exercise: None!


Sooooo.... basically 1st few days was down and could tell my body was going through some detoxing (had persistent headaches, sugar withdrawal? haha). Then as the week went by, felt better and better. Really, my cheeks are less puffy and feel MUCH less bloated.

Next week's challenge of the Detox Extravaganza:

3 days of smoothies ONLY

Then...

3 days of juices (veggie) ONLY

Eeek!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment