Saturday, January 24, 2015

Dubai Marathon 2015!!!!

Well, there you have it. I've been REALLY MIA recently and part of why is the above subject line, I ran the Dubai Marathon ... AGAIN! It's been really really really REALLY crazy lately, I hardly have had a minute free (gasp, even my apt is a mess. And anyone that knows me knows I am a bit OCD with cleaning and when things get messy, it's a bad sign!), but just wanted to check in to say I'm alive and survived my 6th marathon! It wasn't my worst, 3rd fastest to be honest, but probably the worst as far as pacing. Boy, was I all over the place! Was too fast, then slow, then fast, I probably didn't hold the same pace for more than a couple of km which is TOTALLY unlike all the training and other races I've done. Besides me starting late in getting into shape and losing my summer weight gain, I know my body and "declared" before the run I wanted to use it as a training run for Boston and was predicting between 3:45-3:50. Well, I got 3:44:56!! I was probably on pace at some point for a sub 3:35, then realized that and panicked, and that is when things went up and down and up and down. The last ... umm... 12km was H-A-R-D! Felt like my legs were like logs and was just stomping away. Also I felt super dehydrated and felt all these little niggles and almost cramps about to pop up and thank gawwwd I recognized that and really jugged some water and held some to sip during the run. So although the pic below has gone on social media and I look super strong, actually, if I do say so myself, quite a picture for a last stretch before the finish line of a marathon, I was TOTALLY dying within! Ha!!!! 


And this is me after (the below pic),  and I mean right after. I wanted to keel over like the guy behind me but my friend who had run the 10km ,poor thing, was waiting in the heat the whole time for me to finish so had to act happy although I couldn't feel my legs. And yes, anyone that knows me knows my fake smile, ha ha. 


\

Have another picture, but have to do the process of getting it on my phone out on this thing, so it might take a little bit.

So probably overall time is decent, but quite a disaster with the pacing. I was still stubborn with my success of NOT running with a watch, as I went on and on and on about last year, but now I think I will start. The Boston marathon in April is a BIG o one, and with the hills and all, REALLY don't want to die... especially with people coming to watch me. Eek! The pressure!

I will detail (hehe, again, this is for ME! It actually really helped with the last couple of weeks before the marathon to review my blogs from last year to help strategize. Boring for everyone else though) soon enough. Have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much going on these days, hardly can keep my head straight. But once things settle, hopefully in the next week or so, will detail about this and the other stuffs that have been going on (nothing bad, good stuffs, just super busy!).

Soo... now time for recovery eating! hehe! Am taking this week off from training and dieting, but REALLY need to crack down the next 3 months. After this week (off) have officially 12 weeks till Boston. The general consensus is I need to lose about 2.5-3kg, so about 5-6 pounds. Sigh. Despite recently losing a little bit of weight, did feel a bit heavy during the run and it DOES make a HUGE difference to be lighter. But after 12 weeks and the marathon, it's official pig out time because I will be in the States!!!

Happy running!


No comments:

Post a Comment