Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Random Dubai life

One of my friends keeps commenting on how most, well, almost ALL, of my pictures are from travels and that I really haven't taken many Dubai life pics. It is true!!! I guess I forget and don't think about it, but below are a few pics I've taken recently at random things... but a smidge of Dubai life. I should REALLY make more of an effort, that will be my goal for next year!

Below! My super running group, Dubai Creek Striders!





Below: The Dubai Opera! We have all been anxiously awaiting the opening of this beautiful and modern Opera house. I saw the Mozart symphony, gorgeous venue and performance!





Below: This may look familiar, because it is. My awesome Serbian friends live at this beautiful complex literally... right on the beach. I stayed there the 1st few years I was here. I used to go regularly, literally, almost all Fridays, but somehow the last.. umm.. year, got super busy with trainings, travel, my MHA, that it had been ages! Now I am able to manage all these things and am more relaxed, and have made recent efforts to this wee bit of relaxing! So this is where I go running if I go on my own, literally, this is less than 1km from where I live, in downtown! 


Below: Peacock lane! Ahhh, not only is this route close to me, amazing how just minutes away from downtown, there is the Zabeel Palace which is lush, empty, quiet, and ... full of peacocks! Really! So gorgeous and among my friends and I, we all have sentiment towards peacocks now. Actually, I always did as it was my grandma's fave bird, and she would always talk so lovingly about the gorgeous colors of peacocks. So it is extra special to me! 




Below: My super non-running (haha) friends! Next to me is Ami, and across is Fatos and Busra (Turkish). Funny, Fatos came to me for physio, and then referred these other 2 ladies, and we all became friends and now every 4-6 months we have a nice little catch up. Wonderful people! 


Me and my good friends Kay and Paula

Caterina and I, she's a super podiatrist that used to work at our clinic


Nathalie, me, Jill, and Brinda - super friends from running

Below: Random work pics, a farewell party for our dear friend Jannette and some pics of our team through various events, even found a pic of a bday party for me from my co-workers (who are awesome, BTW):





















Below: Marketing events!!! Finally, after so long we finally had another change and this new person is bringing along marketing events, some promo things. So it's nice! 







Below: Dubai is all about awesome and wonderful hotels, the flower displays are a part of it! Lovely! (From JW Marquis and from Meydan Hotel, my faves!)




Below: As we all know, Dubai is all about awesome buildings and ... because of that, always construction going on! Here's a tribute to my fave Burj Kalifa and the canal they are in the works of building:





There you have it!!! Some random Dubai life things, my Life as an Expat!!

Another update soon! No surprise, a travel update!!











No comments:

Post a Comment