Monday, November 6, 2017

An Unforgettable Day in Dubai

I think I may have said this before, but REALLY, when I look back at my Dubai life, THIS DAY, October 30th, really was like NO other.

As life is life, long story short is that Christy ended up totally randomly having an extra day in Dubai upon her return from Jordan. Well, what to do except pack in a day o excitement!!!! I have ALWAYS wanted to do these 2 activities and thank gawd Christy not only went with it OR suggested it.

The first activity was something that people more or less know about when they hear the word DUBAI - "Is that where they have the indoor ski slope ... in a mall?" Well, it sure is! Yes, I had been there with my friend Kris to see the penguins, he he, and do some 'snow' activities, but he didn't want to ski and that was that. So here we started our day with a coffee and snack...




Then off we were SKIING! In a mall! In the desert! Hahah. It really is quite amazing and... was actually A LOT of fun! It took about 9 minutes round-trip, 8.5min was the slow chair lift, and then 30 seconds to go down, hahahahha. I haven't skiied in a couple of years now, so I REALLY had a lot of fun getting the groove back and we just had sooo soo many laughs!!!!














THEN we had ... gasp, a TOTAL American lunch ... BURGERS (gasp!!!) at Shake Shack (oh dear, what has happened to me? It was just one little spoiled day!), before we went....

TO SKY DIVE DUBAI!!!!!! Da da dumm......






















Whoop, there it is! The money shot! Hahhahaa








Can't even describe how FUN and AWESOME it was!! We were both on adrenaline kicks for days after!!!! Was almost laughing at myself at how much I love meditation, yoga, and quiet, I do have a wild side and REALLY REALLY loved that adrenaline rush!!!!!

I don't know if this will go through, but Dubai being Dubai put together this AWESOME video.... soo cool to watch and re-live it!! Wah wah.... the size is too big :-( Ahhh well, but just as a FYI, for the crazy price of doing this, you get professional pics and a video!

To top it off, my old patients wife (he is VVVVVVVVVVVVIP) does skydiving regularly and I contacted her just to say Hi and get tips on preferred times to do (morning or afternoon) and long story short, not only did she come to spectate all this, but because she is connected with all the VVVIP's from her hubby, the Sheikh's daughter Latifa was there and we got to meet and chat with her as well! So thanks Lynne! AND Lynne even got to co-pilot the plane, which was even more fun!!! Yayyyyy!!!

Here's a video she took....



And, this video is toooooooooooooooooooo funny!!! You can see me (in the pink! At the front of the plane. Really was the first tandem after the single divers to go) go, BUT.... seeing Christy and her legs at the end.... just cracks me up each time!!!



After this, they had these fancy pancy new police cars with a stunt to promote it, I guess, but it was fun seeing more sky divers come in and to see hot off the presses new cars! As they say... only in Dubai!








After our adrenaline rush, we 'calmed down a bit and went to Medinat Jumeirah for dinner and then my fave Jumeirah Beach Hotel for Drinks.






And... There you have it! A Day in Dubai - skiing in the morning, sky diving in the afternoon, and wining and dining in the evening. What a FAB FAB DAY!!! Couldn't have asked for a BETTER day and was sooooo AWESOME to have Christy's last day be so memorable! She had an AMAZING 5 weeks away, Bhutan, Nepal, Jordan, and Dubai  - just incredible, and what a way to finish with a BANG!

Until the next adventure Christy.... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment