Thursday, April 12, 2012

Some Home Lovin' in Dubai

Well, it took almost 6 months, but I just had my 1st official visitors. Not just ordinary visitors, MY PARENTS! They were tying in a medical trip to Serbia to visit me, so unfortunately, they ONLY had just 4 full-days to see me and Dubai. They also made a point to tell me NOT to over-schedule them (hehe), because they really REALLY wanted some R&R and chillax'n time. Noted.

So, knowing that my parents were coming, it was time to step up the ball game on... pretty much everything! As far as ME: 1. did that CLEAN diet (previous blog) to not be a balloon when they see me 2. Got my hair cut (hehe, yes, after almost 6 months!) 3. Starting dressing up a little more (this is more because I made this big stink at how nice people dress here, and my mom would have a heart attack if I wasn't one of 'those' people after I made such a big deal out of it! I needed to practice!).

The 2nd thing was the apt, which I totally cleaned up, got some last "big" furniture (dining table), and got made it more comfy.

The 4 days went by SUPER quick, as I predicted. And yes, it took all of about a night's sleep before my mom started a little nagging, he he, but it's all out of love. :-)

Here are some of my fave pictures from the weekend, yes some max'n and relax'n, but also some high stylin' life in Dubai!





Above and below: At the Burj Al Arab, one of the World's most luxurious hotels! 



Above and below: At Atmosphere Lounge, Burj Khalifa - the current World's Tallest Building!!! Above is a view from the 123rd floor!!!



Above and below: At a desert safari, and yes, my parents are the coolest people I know! They got such a kick out of both dressing up and riding a camel, it was just hilarious. :-) 



Above: The Serbian family friends that hosted me, my parents, a doctor that works for my clinic that invited himself to join us, and ME!


And finally.... this is AFTER their trip, a nice messy apartment to clean up and totally exhausted! ;-)

All and all, it was waaay to short and I feel I showed them too much of the "high" Dubai life, which my parent's impression is "this is Vegas on steroids" or "Vegas, Miami, and Cancun all in one." Next time I'll show them the more local side of Dubai. They were super sweet and brought me some home goods (big goods, like umm... a foam tempurpedic mattress, some linens, and much much more!) and of course, some home lovin'. 

I passed the test, so now... my doors are officially open for visitors! You are all welcome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment