Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Comrades, Part 3 - The Weekend!

Ah ha! Finally a more "fun" blog, the Durban weekend! Basically, this is more pictures, pictures, and pictures!

Day 1 - This is where it all started, the EK flight, Dubai to Durban:

Me, Louise, Liz, Ram, Nic, and Omar


Omar, me, Louise, and Nic

Me, Louise, Liz, Sandra and Omar in front
(btw, you know how many comments I got if all of that was my luggage? Hahaha!)

Dinner at Hoppers (or something similar) at our Riverside Hotel:




Day 2 - Lazy start to the day and then off we were to da da dum, the EXPO (danger! danger! Too many temptations for shopping and Comrades paraphernalia) and then we all met up for lunch at the beautiful Oyster Box Hotel:

                                      
No turning back! Officially in! 

Haha, how I really felt (for some reason, when I go to BIG expo's, that's when the nerves kick in)

How I showed my game face - relaxed, hehe :-) 


Chandra, Omar, Liz, me, Nikki, Steph, Ram, Jez, Ajay, Sujeet

Below pics: From the Oyster Box Hotel restaurant







Day 3: 4km easy run in the morning, then ... darn it, got persuaded to go back to expo (and yes, did some more damage). Then we all met for lunch at the beachfront at Circus Circus Cafe on the North Beach. Beautiful day and we all had nice meals and again, awesome company! After this we all rested and got our kits ready. Then we had early hotel pasta dinner and... was seriously in bed at 8pm! 







 Day 4: RACE DAY!! Da da dum...

Liz and I with our usual pre run selfie (we did the same before the Mumbai marathon)

Omar, Tim, me, Nikki, Carla, Jez, Vicki, and Nic all ready to get into our seeding pens, eek! 

Pen D, literally 15 min before the start! 
Nic, Nikki, Tim, me, and Liz



Yes! The medal is really that tiny! 

Everyone in smiles - Vicki, Louise, me, Liz, Sandra, and Paula



The ladies of the Cookoo Club, aka. Cookoo Club Chicks



Nikki and I, me already sporting a new Comrades sweatshirt, he he


 Day 5: The day after... Last pics at the Riverside Hotel and then a celebration lunch at Mundo Vida on Durban Beachfront.



Ram and I - we were asked to take this to send to our swim coach





Nic, Nikki and I - I heart this South African team (missed Tim though!)


Nic and I - He organized much of the weekend, so awesome! 

Ahh... lovely Louise, this pic says it all! hahah




Sujeet and Louise

Rachel, Ram, Nic, Liz, and Chandra

Vicki, Louise and Chandra


I heart his pic!!! 
Nic, Ram, Nikki, me, Liz, Chandra, Luise, Sujeet, Vicki, Carla, and Omar




Above and below glamor shots with some different camera filters (by others)! 






 And that's a wrap! The end!











No comments:

Post a Comment