Sunday, May 20, 2018

YOFO - Year of 40th!!!

Whoopsy, I hope turning 40 hasn't made me a total slacker!!! I've been soo late with these blog updates! Oh noooo!

It's been totally mad these days, will get to that in an upcoming blog, but first, I made it!!!! Fab at 40, hahaha.

No joke, when I was 18/19 y/o, an ongoing joke started about us being and turning 40y/o, that is because we were doing some things that we felt like were for 40-year-olds, wearing turtleneck sweaters, listening to classical/opera, little things here and there. Through the years we even sent cards to one another with HAPPY 40th!!! At the time it seemed like AGES away, and those that were 40, we were thinking, "wooooooooow, they are o-l-d." And yup, here I am!!!

So needless to say, what to do? Many of my friends didn't do too much, and I do realize at this sound age what is most important is being with loved ones. We are older and wiser! Well, I wanted to be with loved ones AND have a momentous birthday.

What do I love the most? My family first and foremost, my loved ones of family friends and friends, and sport and exercise. Well, lo and behold, it just happened that the Belgrade marathon was literally the weekend before my 40th birthday!

The celebrations really... lasted awhile! From that bday weekend to the weekend after, lovely Louise made these for me, awwww :-)





And sooo it began, quite a whirlwind journey from that time in April with my birthday... and also then winding down on Dubai life and the process of Project Exit Dubai, as I had coined it (it really is a Project, and a Process!)!

No comments:

Post a Comment