Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving from Dubai!!!

Although they don't officially celebrate it here, there are Americans and there are some restaurant sponsored dinners. But... I just didn't partake in them. I worked the whole day, then went out to a Lebanese restaurant, skype'd with fam and friends from back home, and there you have it!

Although mine was a bit lame, I am holding to tradition and did spend some time thinking about all the things I am thankful for! In no particular order:

-The family friends I am staying with. I stayed with them for 6 weeks in the spring and I'm already 5 weeks in this time. I have comfortably made myself feel at home, and they have not mentioned once, "umm... how long do you plan on staying here?" They (appear at least!) to enjoy having me around, and it seems to have worked out for everyone to have me here! I am super thankful for their generosity, kindness, and for making me feel like I am not alone in this new foreign place.

-My dear mom and dad. I can't even ask for more awesome parents than the ones I have and am super thankful. They've been super supportive my whole life, but especially now when I'm in a new place and getting through some ups and downs.

-My awesome friends and fam. Couldn't have dropped my comfy life in Chicago for something totally new and different in all aspects of my life without all your love and support. THANK YOU!!!!

-Well, up until a few days ago, my health. Finally I am feeling 90-95% after a bad bout of back pain these past 2 months. So thank you body for recovering and hope it continues so I can can get back to all the sports/activities I like to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment