Thursday, November 10, 2011

Quotes of the Week

"Don't worry, being blond and blue eyes will get you places and can get things you want" - said by the director of the hospital I'm working.

"I love you" - said by a local male patient I am treating.

"You have a L4-L5, L5-S1 herniation... and scoliosis" - said by an orthopedic doc.

"Geez, there are some bad drivers here" said by my co-worker who was driving me home and who is a local.... who almost killed us 20398320983 times with her horrible driving.

"There is a marathon this weekend".... "are you running the marathon this weekend?" Referring to the 5K on 11/11/11 (I wasn't).

Lesson #7:  Take advantage of what's in front of you (i.e. me working in a medical hospital and getting free-bee consults and getting 'worked in' for medical needs like radiological imaging).

Lesson #8: If you can avoid it, NEVER have a local drive you! It is a death sentence waiting to happen. They are known to be horrible drivers.

Lesson #9: Any race, whatever distance, is pretty much referred to as a 'marathon' here.  Find out beforehand what the actual distance is (5K, 10K, actual marathon) if you plan on running a race! There really is only 1 Dubai actual marathon (In January).

No comments:

Post a Comment