Friday, December 30, 2011

11 Random Things in Dubai in 2011

All right, I have been here for a little over 2 months and although there are many many things I still need to see, in honor of the close of 2011, here are 11 things, quite random, that I have done:

1. Been a total tourist and spectated Ski Dubai, or skiing inside the Mall of the Emirates. And I will do it, just waiting to do it with a friend that comes to visit:



And gawked at the World's Tallest Building, the Burj Kalifa:



2.  Missed Chicago by seeing things like this and Uno's Pizza:




3. Admired being in the desert... and in a city:


4. Went to the "old" part of Dubai, by Bastikiya:



5. Went to the Jumeirah Mosque, the largest mosque in Dubai and also where they have informational tours about the mosque, Islam, and the culture here. Very good, and I recommend it to visitors!



6. Went to a Beach Soccer tournament:



7. Celebrated the U.A.E. National Day, December 2nd.... 40 years! Here they celebrate with the flag everywhere, nothing else new right? BUT also the Sheikh Mohammad is on practically every car and storefront:






8. Saw a camel!! I know, I know... I live in a desert. BUT contrary to what you would think, it is quite rare to see a camel being trucked around!



9. Went to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi... yes, an entertainment/amusement park centered around Ferrari's. Random, yes I think so!





10. Went to a Philippino Xmas dance show:  




11. Went to a children's Xmas party... with African drummers:




Let's now see what 2012 will bring!!! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment