Saturday, April 29, 2017

Dubai Spring Snippits

Spring time in all my years in Dubai have been craaazzzyyyy!!! It's busy in general in Dubai because the weather is so nice and then there is ATP tennis, then there has been spring running races, and then.... just busy!!!! As try to show a wee bit of life outside of my usual posts about just travel and running, and actually shows that that is quite all consuming, here are just a few spring time catch ups and random things....

Okay, can't help it, will start with running as... da da dum, through my running career, don't even remember if I've ever placed. BUT at Hatta Hills half marathon, got 2nd place!!! Had a super strong run, felt great, and nice to be on that podium, I have to say!!!


My friend is awesome and works in marketing, and long story short, she featured me and a few others in our local newspaper here!!! Rarely have ever seen my name in print, kinda cool!



I think it might have been the same night, thought it was funny how was in complete runners gear, and then got all dressed up to go a concert of piano, singing and violin at the beautiful One and Only, it was gorgeous!



Sadly, and this is Dubai, my dear dear friends, Steph and Jez, left Dubai. They're probably one of my first closest friends here and we've done a LOT of things together, helps they are my closest neighbors as well (and Steph personally trained me!), so made this nice collage for them and we had a few farewell do's. Dubai is a tough tough place with things like this, good friends leaving. Wah!



But as it happened, some friend that had left Dubai last year, came back!! Yay!



Rada's mom and dad have been here since the New Year, and it's been soo nice having them here! They are like 2nd parents to me, so sweet and such lovely people. We've had some meet ups and it's been nice to have "family" here. Love them!







My "Dubai mom" has 'connections' ('wasta' as they say here), so I've been fortunate to go to Breakfast with the Stars at Meydan, basically the prep before one of the world's richest race horse events. Shame that I don't know ANYTHING about it, but it was a great breakfast!!!





I usually go through phases of visitors, it has quieted down recently, buuuut my good friend Lisa (from high school) came and visited and it was super catching up with her. We realized it has been more than 10 years, but yet we picked up like it was yesterday. That shows a good childhood friend!!




We had an odd spring because we've gotten a LOT more rain than usual, RAIN!!!! They did extra cloud seeding this year (maybe why I'm having skin allergies????). Had to dig out my umbrella for the first time in ages!!



And to wrap up spring, my bday! Which happens to be the end of the month. I think I had 3 cakes that day? hahah. My co-workers had one for my other co-worker and I in between my April travels and then were sweet enough to have another one on my actual bday (which I had to work, wah wah). 

(spelled her name wrong! Should be Marika!)




Then again.... (on my bday),


At my fave Kitchen 6, at the JW Marriott

Soo.. I'm sure I missing some other snippits, but at least it's something!








No comments:

Post a Comment